Upon completion of the new Juniper Wing in late 2012, there will be added a further 30 high care beds with a light filled central open courtyard and dining area with smaller, more intimate communal areas for relaxing, reading, or a quiet chat. This new wing will incorporate the latest innovative design concepts and modern technologies to provide personalised care within a peaceful and secure environment.
Each room will comprise a single bed, ensuite and quality joinery with soft colour tones to provide a homely, yet specialised and adaptable facility for a range of resident care. The new building will be attached to the existing Olivet facility, creating a service for 95 approved high and low care beds. The design also incorporates features that lend themselves to the care of residents with dementia which enhances our services to the community.
The design features of the new building include:
• 30 large residents rooms with visitor seating area, Internet and other communication services and a large disabled access ensuite
• Wide spacious corridors that provides a circular walking area with resident seating leading onto a centralised open plan lounge and dining area and a glazed enclosed garden courtyard
• Examination room for doctors and ancillary visiting professionals
• Two large corner rooms for reading and activities.
• Access to secure external activity / entertainment areas which allows the resident free movement between external and internal parts of the building
The external perspective of the building has been designed to incorporate environmentally friendly building materials which complement the existing streetscape. An outdoor plaza area is planned for staff, residents and their families.
The building will have street level access as well as a secure underground car park which includes elevator access for visitors, staff and doctors.